Wednesday, April 30, 2008

the price we pay for paradise

So life's been weird this week. I'm routinely invited to go and do stuff with the other folks here, but it feels weird to go do social things when:

1. I'm not single
2. I'm glad to be not-single, and therefore have pretty much no interest in guys, and girls are generally lame
3. I'm busy with my project.

On the other hand, it feels weird to not go do social things when:

1. I am an inherently social person
2. I really enjoy watching movies, running, and going to museums etc.
3. I'm not used to not having a social life.

I think it all just boils down to a strange combination of that:

1. I don't have a proper key to the building, so I can't just go in and out when I want
2. I don't have a proper key to the elevator, so if I want to go up to my room after going down I have to walk up ~1000000 flights of stairs
3. Why would I want to be social when I have an amazing project to work on that is rapidly wrapping itself up?

Example: this morning, I had, what? 12,500 words? And right now, I have precisely 20,953. That is huge. That's the stuff NaNoWriMo is made of, yo. I'm so close. It's all coming together, right now, so why would I take a break?

Anyway. So, life is weird, and I mostly have a social life vicariously through my roommate CW, who is very social. I tell her to relay greetings from me to all her friends, LoL. Not quite the same, but I've discovered that I really don't care.

I just want to finish my book.

I discovered its true name, by the way. It's called The Price We Pay For Paradise.

No comments: