Tuesday, April 1, 2008

more fun with the ICU

And now my aunt Julie is in critical. Apparently they did the surgery and she was fine, but only for like 20 minutes, and then she wasn't fine, and then they thought she was going to die, so they cut her open again to find the problem, and there were 5 units of free blood chillin in her interior, and they couldn't figure out where it was coming from, so they drained it and sewed her back up, and now they say that if she lives through the next twelve hours, maybe she'll make it. Her husband is going crazy. They think he's going to stress himself into a stroke (I couldn't tell if my mom was kidding).

AND three of my relatives had dreams last night in which she died today. So, extra fun. Because really, really. All we need right now. Personally, I don't think she'll be around tomorrow. I also didn't think Jo would make it through her surgery. I was wrong then--but only by 1.5 days. We'll see how long this game goes on.

My mom was saying how my Nana, Julie's sister and Jo's daughter, is so calm. She's as white as a sheet, my mom says, but so calm. "Deathly calm" was the phrase she used, actually. Hooray. But honestly, I can kind of understand. It's getting to the point where apathy is just the easiest thing to scrounge up. Gah.

No comments: