Saturday, September 29, 2007

update of life

So I hate posting more than once in a day, but I feel like I kind of have to. My mother just sent me this via email. James is my older brother.

"James had blood tests yesterday for his failing liver and a biopsy for his cancer. That took up half the day -- and he was in a pretty foul mood when it was all over. The doctor says to me, "You mean these scars came from burns from stomach acid? And you're telling me that he didn't seem to feel the burns?" I said, "Yeah." So he took the scalpel and just kinda rammed it into James while he cut out the tissue and James just sat there. The doc says "Wow, he didn't even flinch. I guess you're telling the truth." Of course, I said didn't "respond to" pain, not that he couldn't feel it. Then I asked the doctor about a rash on his arm, and he said it was folliculitis -- nothing big. I asked if I should treat it-- does it hurt? He gave me a funny look and said "Getting jabbed with a scalpel should hurt. I guess it might hurt, but can't be sure." What a charmer. We will have the results in a week or so."

So in case I'm weird over the next few weeks, that's basically why.

No comments: