Tuesday, May 6, 2008

whatever stuff

My internship is good. That's the short version. Every time I think about the fact that what we do is funded by money stolen from your pocket, I shudder, but when I'm not thinking about the illegal funding of this project, I really enjoy what I'm doing.

I design streets. I make sure there's enough room to bike on the shoulder and that it's all pretty and pedestrian-friendly.

It's awesome.

I walked home from work today. It was a 45-minute walk uphill, largely. It was really nice, though. You walk right past the White House, the National Bank, the National Theatre, the Washington Monument, several museums, people selling faux designer purses, hot dog stands, Starbucks, Borders... I have been YEARNING to enter a Borders lately but until I get my Metro reimbursement from the government--again, money illegally taken from your pocket--I really can't afford to buy any more books. Sad. The whole thing is so bizarre. I don't really feel that guilty about accepting money for the Metro from the government, because at least if it's funding my life it's not funding a myriad of other things. But man.

No comments: