Friday, May 23, 2008

dream

Most intense dream, guys.

For some reason I'm going to this train station that tends to resurface in my dreams--I have no idea where it is, or if it actually exists. So I'm going to my magical train station, and I get off at this one stop that keeps wavering between realities. One second it's there, the other second it's not.

At this stop there's a boat that gives tours of the lagoon. I get on one and go for it. We stop at the island in the middle of the lagoon.

While I'm wandering around, I run into this guy. He asks me if we could trade talismans. Apparently in my dream, your talisman is like your spirit. Being dumb, I'm like, "okay," and we trade. It's like soul-bonding. So then we're bonded. This guy's like, "One sec, I'll bring us the mirror."

I don't remember the significance of the mirror. It was important for some sort of ceremony.

So I wander to the water's edge, to look down. The water is very clear--or so I think. Just as the guy who now owns my soul reappears with an octagon-shaped mirror, a sea witch comes up and out of the water, grabs me by the hair, and pulls me into the lagoon! The guy with the mirror comes up and he can't put the mirror down, so it gets really complicated as he tries to save me from this sea witch and he can't put the mirror down. The sea witch breaks the mirror, and then everything goes blank.

But then I wake up, in the middle of this swamp. I know it's not too far from the beautiful lagoon, but I can't find a way out. So I wander in the swamp forever. Something happens eventually--I remember it was exciting but not exactly what it was.

So then I'm at my apartment above one of the train stations on my brain's personal heavy rail. I and two friends are planning to go to Space Mountain--like in Disney World. Except, they just changed Space Mountain, so it costs $15,000 a ride and it's like a space torpedo you go up in and then parachute out from.

The torpedo is about to leave, so I run up to meet someone at the front entrance to the apartment complex/station, and we're waiting for the others. Finally everyone gets there, so we run madly to the torpedo and get in.

It's good until they shoot us out. I end up alone in the middle of this frozen tundra. But there is my dude, with the talisman! I still have his. So I'm running to him to give his talisman back and ask for mine, and this giant shiny dragon thing comes out of nowhere and picks me up. The dragon thing and I end up in the middle of an ocean. For some reason if any talismans hit this water, the person whose they are dies. So I'm trying to protect this guy's talisman from the water, and the dragon keeps dipping me in as he flies.

Fortunately, Talisman Guy shows up on a gryphon and starts beating this dragon, but then when the dragon gets hurt he drops me. So I fall into the water, and Talisman Guy is like, oh no, and jumps off the gryphon to save me. Alas, the water is poisoned and both our talismans get wet. So we die.

BUT THEN we wake up in the frozen tundra we both were just in, and realize that something is important, because we're both still alive, and we trade our talismans back, and all is not quite well, but at least we lived.

THE END

No comments: