Monday, March 2, 2009

me procrastinating.

The Plant and Wildlife Science department at BYU is interesting. Several of the professors don't have graduate degrees. They're just old poor farmery guys who are amazing at soil science.

My boss, Dr. Hopkins, is a genius. He was recently in the NYT because of a new slow-release N fertilizer he's working on. I've helped him with the research. He's a really cool guy.

He told me the other day, being Friday, that if I wanted to go to grad school, I should.

Now, I hate school, but I think grad school might be okay because

1. I would be paid to go.
2. It's only 2 years.
3. It would be 100% Life Science, none of this wack "English 315" crizzap.

So, since I'm a month past the deadline, I have the next two hours to throw together an entire graduate application. Exciting!

Ah!


PS. LoL. There's this chick on FB who used to be in my Relief Society, and she always likes to write mean things about my posts on Obama. Today she wrote that I am "so annoying" and that I should "stop being such a hater."

To which I really have to ask: why not just unfriend me? Am I super missing something here? LoL.

2 comments:

Schmetterling said...

Wait, you'd get paid to go to grad school?? How do I get in on that?

Allie said...

If I get accepted, I'll get a 1/2 tuition scholarship, and the position I'm applying for comes with a paid assistantship that pays about $6000 a semester. My research would be for the EPA or something like that.