Friday, February 27, 2009

fear not

I am way less emo today than I was yesterday.

I hate school, but oh well! I was just offered a new job, and I'm checking to see if there are any community management positions around, because I know I'm qualified for them. My last class is offered in the evening in Spring, so I could potentially have a full-time job.

In the depths of my depression yesterday, I went to the BYU Bookstore to look at the book The Survivor's Club. I had never read it. And I still haven't, but it was really interesting to read about what makes a person survive or die.

For example, it was previously believed that people would die after having assumed a body temperature of 95 degrees F. One man, "Professor Popsicle," took it upon himself to disprove this idea. He has submerged himself in frozen water for hours, he has injected freezing water into his veins. He has proved that people can survive at the body temperature of 88 degrees F. What this means is that people in frozen water don't die from hypothermia; they die from fear and giving up. They essentially let themselves drown.

Yesterday I was ready to let myself drown.

Today, I am saying: W/E SUCKAAZZ!!

Because, that is the correct answer. I'm cooler than school anyway. Right? (Don't answer that.)

Also, my prof just emailed me and said that even though I missed the GRE, he would pull some strings to see if they'd accept my app for grad school anyway. I could have a full-time assistantship with the Plant and Wildlife Science Department studying the life cycle of farmed Wyoming big sage! Woot! Woot!

Perhaps life is okay after all.