Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas, yo! Awesome things received:

-iPod Nano
-The Tenth Kingdom on DVD!!!
-Ann Coulter's new book, which is hilarious
-some beautiful art
-the 2008 Writer's Market
and money for new running shoes.

My family is so funny. I was so excited to see the money presented me by my grandmother, I basically exploded with joy that I could finally buy new shoes! Over the summer I ran 3 miles a day every day, and now my old shoes are so worn out... I'd had them since I was like 14. Talk about holey. But finally I can get new! [My dad said he'd get me some for Christmas, which he didn't, but when he said that a few weeks ago I just kind of threw my old shoes away just because, so I haven't been running or even had running shoes for a while.]

And my mom just looks at me and says, "yeah, but once you get running shoes, then you have to run in them."

And the entire clan is turned in my direction with looks of horror plastered on their faces. LoL.

Which reminds me of the other day, apparently my grandmother in UT called my mom to complain that I have too many opinions. :^P

I had the weirdest dream last night. I was going house hunting in Provo and I walked up to this one house, and a bunch of my Chambers friends were there. So in greeting, I began singing Elohim Hashivenu, the most gorgeous Hebrew motet we learned one time. They all joined in (well, all five of them or whatever), and we sang the whole thing. At the culmination of the singing, this one guy I've never seen before in my life comes up to me and asks if I've ever written. I tell him, yes, I write fairly frequently, and he asks if I want to give a concert on their baby grand in the backyard. Everyone looks excited. I go over and play a few songs, come back, and this same guy grabs my arm. "What?" I ask. He pulls me down gently, and then we just sit there for like, indefinitely, and then I woke up. It was weird.


ADVENTURE TOMORROW!!!!!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

"Which reminds me of the other day, apparently my grandmother in UT called my mom to complain that I have too many opinions. :^P"

So that is the funniest thing you've ever said...written. I laughed out loud for like...a long time. Ask Sam, he was here. And worried. =p