Wednesday, February 4, 2009

yesterday.

Yesterday was... so exciting. Drove up to campus with Carl at 4:05 am, as usual. Got out of the car and realized I'd forgotten my power cord. Oh well, I thought, I'll just not use my comp today.

But then I realized that I'd also forgotten my work clothes. Good work, Allie. So I had to leave at about 5:30 to go back and get them. I stuck around to charge my phone and do some laundry and cleaning; at 7:30 I started heading back up to campus. When I was about halfway there--we live like 15 minutes away--I realized that I'd forgotten my cell phone. So I turned around and got it. At least I had my work clothes.

Then Carl and I watched Legend of the Seeker Episode 11, which was amazing as usual, and then I went to Organic Chemistry, which was mind-numbingly boring as usual. Then I went to work--

And I'd accidentally brought Carl's black shirt instead of mine!

Ah!

Happily, they didn't make me go get another shirt, because I already have like 5 of those things (that's what happens when you work at the same place for almost 5 years... the extra uniforms pile up).

But then I had to wear my actual shirt, which was lame.

The baking went all right, however.

~~~~~~~

Other than that, my final interview with Teach for America is just one week away (!), I get my stupid library course done today, and Y Publish tonight should be fun.

Lately I've been trying to think what to do with myself. I'm applying for a job at Envision Utah for the summer--urban design and TOD? I'm down. And experienced, yippy day. But it's in SLC. I'm not sure if I can get a full-time job with the Utah Recycling Coalition (my current other employment place, excepting the bakery). I could probably keep my part-time position, but who knows.

I don't really know what I want to do, or where to look for jobs. I know I'm qualified for a bunch of things, mostly because I'm already certified in Cultural and Natural Resource Management, and I'm getting my certifications in ESL Teaching and Pesticide Application on Turf and Ornamentals in the near future.

I wouldn't mind working in an urban design place like my old work at DCED, or working with landscape management or in a soil laboratory. I have issues with illegal immigration, so I could see myself being a little unhappy in a TESOL situation, even though I have a 4.0 in the minor. I have a bunch of publications out with CAI, so maybe I could go into management through them and get my PCAM or something (I think that sounds SO superfun), but who knows? So much depends on if we stay in UT for the next few years or if we get into TFA and end up in Mississippi. Or if we go to Korea or something. I was just invited to China with NSCS. Who knows? So much is up in the air.

What to do...

2 comments:

reading said...

The article must be really interesting and practical that show show your your concentration regarding the campus...
language school london

reading said...

Very Nice! ESL teaching certificate made you quite efficient to teach ESL programs to natives and non-natives..volunteer work vancouver