Tuesday, February 10, 2009

the worst experience.

I was going to write this post about my O Chem test. So, I'll start with that.

You know, I've never had a test before that I didn't mostly understand.

I've never experienced that feeling of, "what the crap?" when I opened up a test booklet.

I generally never study, and just get A's, and I like it that way.

Well, for all that I do OChem really well in class, and I do well on the homework and haven't really struggled with it since I actually did the work that one time a few weeks ago, I really had no idea what to do with the exam.

Example: he asked for the original drawing of, and then a stereoisomer of and a constitutional isomer of trans-1,2-dichlorocyclobutane.

Uh, excuse me?

trans-1,2-dichlorocyclobutane????????

For it to be trans, doesn't it have to be 1,3-dichlorocyclobutane? According to the definition of trans?

I know what trans means. I know it. I know what cis means. That is basic chemistry anyone who went to high school chemistry should know. 1,2-anything shouldn't be able to be trans. On account of trans means that the substituents are diagonal from each other--it's 1,3 or nothing, baby!

wtf?!?!

So that's 20 points of a question that I clearly either didn't understand, or was written poorly.

Life sucks.

On the other hand, the worst experience was not just not getting my O Chem test. It was actually reading about Obama moving the census from an impartial third-party to the White House. He will personally control the redistribution of Congress and I for one am not pleased with that. An impartial observer should do that, not the most liberal senator in the history of our country.

Freak.

Oh, also realizing that the bailout will cost $60,000 per family in the United States. That was also a sad wake-up call.

Amen.

No comments: