Thursday, November 20, 2008

consequences

So this morning I woke up thinking about the two biggest RINOs I can think of: W, and McCain. Those guys are so lame. But anyway.

And I was thinking about how both of them entered into their presidential careers (or lack of careers) thinking that all their friendships with liberals would hold up. Both of them had spent so much time catering to the Left, they figured that the news media would celebrate them, and that their good Dem friends would still like them.

And to be fair, the news media did like them. The New York Times endorsed John McCain officially before he became the GOP candidate. And why? Because McCain is a leftist RINO.

But the fact is, the NYT, news media, and leftist friends all turned against McCain and W as soon as they became candidates. And obviously, no true conservative would ever support the two of them, on account of that neither of them are in any way right-wing. Well, W became that way--but McCain has always been that way. And the second he stepped into potential power, the Left reacted. And he had to kiss his friendships goodbye.

Of course, he was retarded, and tried to be the nice guy to his friends. And what did they do? Tear him apart until it was too late. I wish he hadn't spoken out against that GOP attack ad in Carolina. McCain is such a dolt.

But what led me to all that was thinking about my friends. I have so many friends with whom I disagree on almost everything--but I still love them. Most of my friends back home are lesbian atheists at this point, and you know I would die for them. I love them. But if I speak out for Prop 8, or whatever conservative thing I'm doing, they go crazy. And it kills me because, you know, I think they're all insane too, but I don't get in their faces about it. We're friends, you know?

And then it gets really ridiculous. Like my friends thinking I'm racist for having a reference to Jonestown. (Trivia: yesterday was the 30th anniversary of Jonestown). I mean, seriously? Just because they're too lame and uncultured to understand that reference. That reference is part of our culture! Jonestown changed so much in America, how can they justify not knowing about it! And then for them to feel justified in accusing me wrongfully... I hate stupidity. Wow. People need to read more.

Or, just recently on Facebook I posted my blogpost on "informed" Obama voters. One of my beloved friends got all wack about that too. She went on about how all voters are uninformed and it wasn't fair of me, etc. But the fact is: it's true we were all uninformed. But if everyone had known that Obama is friends with terrorists, that his runningmate was a plagiarist, that Democrats have been running Congress during the economy tank, don't you think things would be different?

Or what about how, in that interview, they asked the "informed" Obama voters about the 57-state thing? Or getting all their opponents disqualified? And all the voters assumed it was Sarah Palin because they'd only heard stupid things about Palin and had never heard the truth about Obama? That, to me, screams media bias.

And my friend got mad at me for pointing it out.

Look. I'm not a meanie. I'm vocal about my opinions and beliefs, but my opinions are always, always, always, always researched and if I'm willing to talk about something it's because I know I'm qualified to, having read about it from numerous sources. And yet my stupid friends are here trying to tear me apart, when they haven't even done any research. Can you say lame?

I guess the point of this post is, when you're a nice person and you have conservative opinions, perhaps it really is too much to hope for that your uninformed friends will still tolerate you, even if you love them. And what can you really do, but sulk about it and move on.

I guess when you have opinions, some people will ostracize you no matter what, even if you care about them despite their opinions. But what can you do?

1 comment:

David said...

“Whenever war is declared, truth is the first casualty.” -Mark Twain