Tuesday, August 26, 2008

last day of teenagerhood

My sister is out here visiting for the week. That's cool. We've been having lots of heart to hearts. She snores. I'm so tired.


Today is my last day of teenagerhood. Whoohoo. I always looked forward to being older, but now that I'm dating a guy who doesn't care, I realize I'd sort of rather be younger. Cool achievements are awesomer when you're still a teenager.

Here, a celebration of my teenage life:

13
-went to 8th grade, dropped out and moved to Austria

14
-started high school on my birthday
-made most of my good friends from home that I still have today

15
-took a bunch of insane classes, almost killed myself (figuratively)
-was Kate in Oklahoma!
-ran the house when my mom broke her ankle

16
-graduated early
-moved to UT
-started at BYU
-started dating Bobby
-was Lady Lucille in Once Upon a Mattress

17
-lived in 3 different wards
-became RSP
-stopped dating Bobby
-became in charge of the baking at Subway
-became a TA in the HFL cooking lab
-became the lab instructor for HFL 340: family meal management
-the best summer of my life

18
-started dating Kyle
-stopped dating Kyle
-joined CRs, SID, SFA
-changed major from PoliSci to English to EnviroSci
-moved to Sherwood
-roomed with Crys (yes, this was significant)
-started my illustrious career at Intercultural Outreach
-crashed my car, Nicholas
-started dating Eric

19
-stopped dating Eric
-started dating Carl <3
-became the chair of the largest CR group in the nation
-finished my first novel
-was hired to write a political book by this political firm guy
-interned at the EPA
-started my apprenticeship with my aunt--she's going to help me set up my own practice, guys! w00t

And wow. Tomorrow I'll be 20.

No comments: