Thursday, March 27, 2008

not a very good mood

My favorite grandma died on Easter, as I think I mentioned here. Just in time for four midterms! Hooray! So I failed two of them on Monday, and then began dealing with the other two today. Yes.

The family is more or less falling apart. Jo was a millionaire, and the cousins are fighting over everything. Little do they know that they have been written out of the will. Unfortunately for us, their father is wanted in seven states and has threatened to kill us, so that potentially doesn't matter--or even exacerbates things. They all find out on Monday.

On top of that, my other aunt on that side of the family was just rushed to the ICU last night and is still there. They're not sure what's wrong.

I haven't been to work in two weeks.

The viewing was weird. It didn't look like her at all. It was really hard and I'm not allowed to cry around my family because then my mom cries too. My cutie little cousins were there, which was good, and they had a piano they let me practice on, which was nice. My evil cousins were there and so my sibs and I took turns guarding the purses.

At one point this lady came in. She beelined to me and immediately said, "You must be related."

"Yes," I said.

"A grandchild?"

"Great grandchild."

"You must be Frankie's."

"No, Sydna's."

"That's weird. You look exactly like Frankie." And then she stared at me for, oh, the entire duration of her stay in the mortuary. Frankie is my dead aunt.

And then my mom started talking to me about her future funeral. I didn't really want to talk about it.

No comments: