Saturday, March 15, 2008

another funeral post

My other great grandmother just died. Not the one I always chill with in Bountiful, but one of the other ones. Her name was Lulo, Grammy Lu. Her name is Welsh.

She was a famous musician until her fingers got too gnarled to play and she became too blind to see anything. She played on the radio all the time, and wrote the most amazingly beautiful music.

I didn't really know her. I didn't expect to be so shaken up about her going. I think it's just that it seems like everyone and their dog is just keeling over these days, and the constant reminder of mortality is slightly disconcerting. Not really. Just in the context of my brother.

I don't really know what to think. I'm seeing my grandparents tomorrow.

In other news, this is a really good song.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I tried to call you after Sam told me.

I love you, I'm here if you need to get some thoughts out of your head.

~H