Tuesday, March 4, 2008

the updates of my life

1. So yesterday I decided that I should go visit my relatives in Bountiful. I made the arrangements, and then today I found out that last night, my sort of great grandmother in law (do you ever have those sort of partial relations?) died, and so my aunt and cousin from Nebraska are flying out for the weekend as well, and I will probably have to sing at the funeral. Funny how that worked out, ey?

2. My brother was supposed to go in for surgery yesterday. This is the official update from my mother: "So here is the bottom line: no surgery yesterday because they decided that their plan of action would not work and he is too injured from chemical burns to heal. So I have to deal with the burns for another week while they re-think a new plan. Here is my surgeon's statement: "You have to understand that individuals with this kind of long-term problem are really not long-term individuals." That is why we call him "Dr. Bedside Manner." James is doing badly and it was a pretty downer day. I am basically a wreck. Surgery has been rescheduled for next Monday at 9 AM, when they hope to be able to fix the current problem. The surgeon was adamant that there are no good options and that we are in "uncharted territory" -- James has lived far longer than the feeding system was meant to support and his body is breaking down anyway."

...

yes.

3. I've been struggling really hard to figure out whether I should intern with the RNC or the EPA. After asking for a lot of advice and so on and so forth, I think I have concluded that I should go with the EPA. It will make me so much more credible in the day when I go all out and destroy the EPA once my political career has been established. Then I can actually say from experience how terrible the organization is. Perfect.

1 comment:

Heather said...

In response to #2:

I love you.