Sunday, February 3, 2008

the meaning of life, and other sorts of jazz

Today was okay. We had a family fast for my grandpa, with the whole cancer thing looming and so forth. We all gathered at their place for breaking the fast and stuff, and it was really weird. Some certain specific family members who shall remain unnamed seem to be entertaining unrealistic hope. It's like House says on that most fantastic of TV shows: hope is your worst enemy in these cases. It makes you abandon reality and then you're all the more crushed when things don't work out.

So yeah, it's been weird. Especially so because my older brother was named after my grandpa, so they have the same name, and to know that both of them are doing so poorly and I never thought... yeah. Anyway.

So, keep my family in your prayers, or something like that.

Other than that, life is good. No complaints.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I've not brought it up because I know you will if you want to, but I want to make sure you know I'm here to talk if you want. Venting, hashing things out, whatever. I went thoguh something similar recently, so yeah.

I love you.