Wednesday, February 6, 2008

interesante.

Before I get to the point, you should know that not being a hater is hard. I still do it. So everytime I catch myself at it I have to say "I love [insert name here]" three times to remind myself of the charity that I am sure is going on somewhere in my heart, or something like that.

Anyway, just wanted to post this somewhere where I would remember it:

1. The world is what you think it is;
2. There are no limits;
3. Energy flows where attention goes;
4. Now is the moment of power;
5. To love is to be happy with someone (or thing);
6. All power comes from within, and
7. Effectiveness is the measure of truth.

Those are the teachings of Huna. My FairTax Partner in Crime sent me a letter about it. I think it sounds fascinating. Hmm.

^^^ That was going to be the end of that entry, but then I was thinking about it. On the page about Huna there's a link to New Thought. I read the page on it and wanted to write down my thoughts.

Even though my one former roommate mocks me for it, I really think New Thought has a lot of credence. Obviously not the variations that are pagan and whatever, but Christian New Thought I really have a lot of faith in. Pretty much I'm sure that the reason my life is the way it is (namely, awesome) is because of the New Thought principles I've applied to it. I didn't realize it was New Thought at the time; I just understood it as applied quantum theory and so on. As far as I have researched, there's a reasonable amount of hard science to back up the New Thought principles--harder science than Evolution anyway, which is all I can really judge I guess.

Anyway, I guess the point is, New Thought is cool, and I have definitely noticed my life change as I have learned to apply the principles to my life. So, my former roommate can mock it all she wants, but honestly, I think she'd be a little happier if she figured out the art of affirmation and the law of attraction.

Among other things.

No comments: