Thursday, February 7, 2008

the accursed Lenten goal

It's really hard not to be a hater when every time I try to be chill he turns around and does something else retarded.

This time he called the DU to complain about how we don't debate with them. I haven't been able to get ahold of the reporter yet. Here is what I'm planning to argue:

-that unlike the BYU Democrats, we belong to the national organization of College Republicans. Historically, the College Republicans have been better at organizing than the College Democrats--the fact that we don't even have an official CD group here being a case in point. My nemesis apparently feels that his job is to educate campus. That might be his purpose, with his 40-member club that has no national affiliation. But my purpose is directly linked to that of the CRNC, and therefore, the RNC. My purpose is to create a chapter that can be mobilized in the case of a national election. I am a busy girl. Unlike my nemesis, whose major is philosophy, my classes are rigorous and completely unrelated to my political career. Unlike my nemesis, my chapter is the largest of its kind of the nation. Unlike my nemesis, I have multiple jobs, a book in the process of being sold, and I am wholly uninterested in doing unnecessary work at this point. Debates are not useful for the CRs. The only thing that's useful for us is that which helps us mobilize for the national campaign.

-Also, isn't it interesting how that all worked out? The Democrats tend to be whiny and they like to pick fights. Republicans like to mind their own business and get stuff done. Funny, isn't it?

1 comment:

Heather said...

Not quite in control of your Lenten goal yet?

I have two goals. =/