Saturday, January 3, 2009

the long overdue post

So guys: weird. 200th post, end of the semester, Christmas, New Year's, and I got married!! There is so much to blog about!

Except for the whole Getting Married thing, the rest of the past while has been relatively uneventful. Just cleaned a lot, um, packed a lot... yeah.

We had the reception for the wedding the night before, on Tuesday. It was wonderful. We had Christmas trees everywhere lit up with white lights, luminarias lighting the way to the reception hall entrance, a chocolate fountain complete with waiters. Translate: it was awesome and you missed out if you weren't there. I sang Carl a song, with my bff on the violin and me on piano and vocals, and then Carl and I danced to Mon Essentiel by Emmanuel Moire, and my dad and I danced to Fields of Gold by Sting, which always makes me cry now. Aw. We cut the cake to I Think I Love You by the Partridge Family, also, and if you don't know that song you should totally look it up on youtube, on account of it being amazing.

So, yeah, it was good. We got married the next day, on the windiest day I ever remember. My veil was going kerAZY as we tried to take pictures. But I guess we got some good blowy pictures, from what I hear.

We spent our two-day "honeymoon" at the Washingtonian Center, which was fun. Two days is not nearly enough though.

So, now we're here in Utah, annoyed because things are not working out for us to move into our new place, so we kind of have to exist in this really retarded limbo for a while. That's okay. At least I have that Carl guy to cheer me up all the time. Le sigh.

Well, gotta run, catchya on the flip side--

2 comments:

Vanessa Swenson said...

Congrats on the wedding!
J'aime la chanson "Je fais de toi mon essentiel!"
Good luck with your in-limbo transition.

Dan said...

Congrats on everything so far!

BTW, I'm blogging again. And I linked you. So come leave some love.