Thursday, January 22, 2009

the awkward moment.

Carl and I went to the downstairs of the Wilk to chill after his work. I was writing on my novel, and he was playing Hearts. On the couch kitty korner to us sat some random guy.

Well, Carl and I started talking about going away to Las Vegas for the weekend, to "put the wild and crazy in our sails." That's a phrase my mom always uses about going to Las Vegas. We start looking up hotel deals and talking about reservations. They're pretty expensive. I point out that last time we went to Las Vegas, we slept in the car. Which is true. We went there for Carl to ask permission to marry me from my Dad. We slept in the car on the way back (by that I mean, Carl slept and I drove).

Well.

So we're talking about that, and then we were reading the article I posted last, about Michelle Obama's Fashion No-No, and we had to look up a term that had an awkward meaning. So then we roffled about that for a while.

And then. Preface: every time Carl kisses me in public, I tell him that PDA is gross and wrong.

So.

We had to go to class, and Carl started kissing me there on the couch in the basement of the Wilk. The guy kitty korner to us was laughing so awkwardly, I pulled away. Then:

"Want to do something gross and wrong?" Carl asks, a reference to what he's already doing, which is general innocent PDA.

"Uh, no," I say. And I run to the elevator, hoping that one guy isn't watching. Talk about AWKWARD!

AWKWARD!

So yeah. Wild and crazy, Las Vegas, hotel reservations, sleeping in the car, bukake references, gross and wrong--yay. Yay. I'm glad that guy was there to witness everything in my life that could possibly be taken the wrong way. L. O. L. I'm sitting here in OChem and trying not to die of suppressed laughter.

Wow.

O_o

1 comment:

Vanessa Swenson said...

hah!
That is hysterical. I wouldn't be able to suppress the laughter. You are strong.