Wednesday, January 14, 2009

the new job.

One thing that many couples don't fully internalize before they get married is the idea of Finances.

At least, this is what several bishops told me and Carl while we were engaged. Actually, we'd been talking about finances regularly since before we even got engaged. But, you know, whatever.

So, as it turns out, being married is about 3X more expensive than being single. Lame? Yes. But oh well. Carl, being the man that he is, went looking for a job and found one: early-morning custodial in the Law Building.

That's why I'm blogging at 4:38 AM. Every morning now we get up at 3 and hop along merrily to work, except he works and I don't. I just do homework. It's nice to have those hours to myself to work. The guy in charge of everything lets me usurp the Break Room and basically do whatever I want until 8 am. Sweet.

Anyway.

Classes are all right. I'm taking 19 credits: Logic, D&C 2, O Chem, Soil & Water Quality, Science of Pesticides, Classical Civ, and English 315. It is a load, but I'm getting through it. Only 15 more weeks of school! But who's counting!

I'm still at the Sub, just baking away TTh. It's not bad this time. Because I'm the fastest baker, I always get off my shift like an hour early, or more. On the other hand, I need the hours. On the other hand, I'd rather eat less and not work so much. Oh well.

Other than all of this... third reception coming up this Saturday, so we're flying out to Oregon on Friday. No rest for the weary. Oh well. Then we get to come home and be done.

Our little home is looking good. We have a living room, kitchen, dining area, laundry, bathroom, study, bedroom, and exercise room, in addition to loads of storage space. It's pretty exciting and we're totally loving it. It's nice to have so much space. We're still settling in, but at least our living room is almost cleaned up. Hooray. We have a couch now, the coffee table, several bookshelves and a thing for the TV. Most of my art is up, including the amazing picture my brother drew. It looks like a photograph but it is actually a charcoal sketch.

So that's my life...

No comments: