Thursday, December 11, 2008

bridal shower! woo!!1

So, just finished my bridal shower. It went from 7:30 to about 11:30, mostly because of gabbing. You know.

We played a game where I had to guess the answers to a whole bunch of questions about Carl, which Carl had answered. Some of them I thought were a little lame, such as the one that asked for 3 things that made him happy, and The Blazers didn't count. Lame-o. Because obviously besides me and writing, the Blazers... yeah. Oh well. I ended up mostly winning. Ones I got wrong: his favorite poem, his favorite author, and who he wants to be like in his career, or whatever.

A good one was when they asked if he wanted a pet, and if so, what kind. My answer was that he didn't really want a pet but that he would let me have a cat. They let me have it even though the answer didn't say he would let me have a cat.

So, we opened presents. My aunt L gave me a toaster oven and honey, inspired by how much toast I eat. It's hard because her daughter is Celiac, and so I'm afraid to eat anything lest it is made with some obscure kind of flour or whatever. So I just eat toast with honey, all the time. So that was nice.

My uncle Bob sent me all the tumblers we registered for, and my aunt A gave me almost every bamboo thing I asked for (no cutting boards). My friends L2 and B gave me a gift card to Bed Bath and Beyond; N gave me some fun massage oils (!!! I have always wanted these!). M gave me handmade ceramic cereal bowls, and C gave me a bunch of cookie cutters (YAY!!! sweet cookie action!!!). My grandma got this giant wok, which looks super fantastic. And then, some of my married friends gave me... other things. :^P

Can I just say, pulling out progressively smaller lingerie from an "It's a Girl!" baby gift bag with your grandmother watching is an experience no true woman should go without.

So, yeah. Funtimes. I mostly had to write this down just so I could remember. It was a good time.