Sunday, September 28, 2008

yakkity yak

I have like a million things I feel I should write here. Oh well. Here goes:

1. I actually worked 19:15 hours this week. And talked to my boss about getting a raise. Apparently I already make as much as a student manager there, but he said we'd talk about it more on Monday because he thinks I deserve a raise, too. Hooray.

The downside of this all is that I had to wake up at 5 am every day this week, because I work opening! Whoo. Yeah. I love opening, but I also love staying up late with Carl. I think I may have to begin budgeting my time better. Alas.

2. Got a weird email from my last boyfriend yesterday. I mentioned in this group email about something else that I was engaged, just to let them know, because I figured those people would be offended if I didn't tell them. My ex wrote back with tons of bolds and exclamation points, which he's never done before, and was so quick to mention that he probably wouldn't be able to make it to the reception on account of his new semi-permanent residency in Africa. It was weird.

And I had a dream about another exboyfriend last night, in which he and I were actually friends, although he didn't like Carl. It was strange and it was strange to remember that all dreams process emotion that can't come out in real life. I guess I was processing the idea of his forgiveness? Since heaven knows he's incapable of forgiveness in real life.

3. Took engagement pictures yesterday with Alishka and Chilly! Hooray! And, of course, the Future King of the Internet. :o) It was good. I accidentally cut off a slice of my toe on the adventure, which made it extra adventurous. Alishka was a hero and asked a momlady for a bandaid; Carl was a hero and helped put the bandaid on and stop the bleeding; and Chilly was a hero because she was like me and helped calm me down. <3 <3 <3 It was intense, but all is well. My toe is bandaged now; thanks, Carl.

So, other than all of that. Took my first midterm on Friday, and now I have one or two more this week. Whoopee. My mom, Nana, and Sam are flying out to see me on Oct 29, which will be good, but it means that I have to get all my homework done and stuff before that, because we'll mostly be dress and invitation shopping. Even though I love the dress I designed, sad day. Oh well. I remember one time Abby and I went wedding dress shopping, and Abby looked SO GOOD in some of those dresses! Wow. So who knows what we will find.

Gah. I can't do Nursery with this toe. Mostly I just want to sleep. Bleh. Oh well.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Well, my love, I hereby request an e-mail with a few more details on each of these stories. If you have time. =)

<3

Heather said...

Also:

"Don't talk back."

alishka babushka said...

First of all, I am with Heather. I totally thought "don't talk back."

Second of all, I am teaching ballet at 7 am on Monday and Tuesday and I've already had dreams about missing the class. gah!

Thirdly, you are super amazing. You didn't even cry yesterday with your toe! I am so impressed by you. You rock my world chica!!!

Heather said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakety_Yak