Sunday, September 14, 2008

OPINION POLL

Hey everyone! So, opinion question:

I'm allowed to go on a field trip this Thursday-Friday. Here are pros and cons.

PRO: I've never been farming before, and I'm sure it would be quite the adventure! How could I be a good Environmental Science major if I've never even tilled soil on a real farm?

CON: It's hard labor and it would be sweaty and gross.

PRO: It would be with some of my really good friends.

CON: It would not be with Carl.

PRO: It's a University excused absence.

CON: I would miss a test in my other Soils class, and a presentation in my English class, and the deadlines for 3 papers in 2 separate classes.

PRO: It would be working with dirt--and I really like dirt, actually.

CON: It's in Idaho.

PRO: It would give me experience.

CON: I would have to get to the parking lot at 5 in the morning.



Basically, there are lots of pros and cons. I usually make my decisions based on what I don't know. So typically, this is how it would go:

I know that if I stick around this weekend, I will check my email lots of times, I will do some homework and go to classes and chill.

I don't know what would happen if I went on this trip to Idaho.

And then I would choose Idaho because why bother living something you already know the end to?

Oh bother. I am so conflicted. Please leave your opinions below.

2 comments:

Chillygator said...

I bet if you're really desperate, you and Carl and go to Idaho with T and BJ and they can let you learn to farm. Sweaty-fun double-date weekend!

alishka babushka said...

this con: CON: I would miss a test in my other Soils class, and a presentation in my English class, and the deadlines for 3 papers in 2 separate classes. would be the one that scares me the most. but...at the same time IDAHO! ;)