Thursday, January 17, 2008

random

Hey kids. So since I never talk to anyone anymore, and since I haven't already done this, and since I'm also bored, here is an account of my new life in my new place.

I love it. I don't think I've mentioned that. I really do love it. Yesterday I spent like 4 hours talking with my one roommate that I wasn't really friends with, and it was really cool. I feel like I'm finally friends with everyone in the apartment.

I love it because they're all kind of more my age. Uh, figuratively. Mother Superior is the youngest at 23, and they're all either graduating or graduated or whatever. I don't have to take charge all the time; everyone's pretty good about keeping things clean and in order. I dunno, last night I was talking with the girls about CRs, and MS was all like, "Allie likes being in charge," and it was just kind of funny to me. No, I'm used to being in charge, and I'm good at being in charge. It's different. I do it because I have to.

But now I don't have to, so hooray! Hooray!

And I love it because I seriously think these are the only people I could possibly be normal with. I know that probably sounds weird. But, like, they all care about politics, so it's okay to watch FOX and CNN for 6 hours in a row like I did yesterday (LOL), because they all care too. I mean, we were doing other stuff, but it was on in the background. Anyway. There's a fantastic balance there of politics and normalcy. We can watch CNN and then go out to visit people in the ward for the evening.

It's so funny because for the first time in a year and a half, I'm finally starting to be my usual self again. As in, the self that used to be everywhere, all the time. Like, at my Belmont ward before I started dating K, I used to be at a different apartment every evening, practically. I had my "shrine" in 25 (where they let me keep all my stuff because I basically lived there), and then all of that other jazz. It's nice to finally get back to being social like that.

Oh, speaking of being social. My home teachers. I have always loved my home teachers, no matter who they are. I always just kind of assume that as soon as they're called to be mine, they have to be my best friends, and it's always cool. WELL. My home teachers in this new ward are SO CREEPY. :^/ LoL. I don't have VTs yet, or a calling. After being Activities chair and RSP for 2 years, I'm excited to hopefully get something like Ward Hymnbook Passer Outer or whatever.

Well anyway, that's my life at the new place. Oh yeah, I have a reputation for cooking again, because now that there's no dinner group and I actually have spare time, I cook every night. It's kind of nice but kind of lame cooking for one (so I usually share with MS).

Ok, the end.

2 comments:

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

I'm super excited for you, just so you know. =) <3

P.S. I messed up the first comment by accident...sorry.