Friday, January 11, 2008

ok, update

Okay, so last night was strange and intense, so I thought I'd update quick.

At first I was really weirded out and slightly upset at my new CR position, but now I feel pretty good about it. I think I was just mad that Tim beat me to resignation, and it felt weird because suddenly I understood what Tim must have been feeling this whole time. I can see how it would be crippling if you weren't up to fighting it. It's just this feeling of, "everyone's looking at you. If you don't excel, they'll judge you. If you make a mistake, you could be expelled."

But, I'm not going to make a mistake, and I won't be expelled, and I will excel, so whatever. I spent the evening writing up my new plans, sending out emails, creating new posters, and brainstorming events for the semester. Lookie:

-State of the Union party
-Celebrate Global Warming barbecue (because it's COLD here!)
-Laser Tag in the name of the 2nd amendment
-closing social

And I think that five or six meetings will be sufficient. Oh yeah, the Annihilation Cup will be good. Of course, we will crush the opposition. I'm partially excited. Last year we made Mother Superior's archnemesis cry.

Anyway. I'm restructuring everything, and I think it'll be good. Not too stressful, just a pleasant conservative party, and what could be better than that?

No comments: