Friday, October 10, 2008

weddings weddings

This morning Mr. Doozit and I went up to see our friends get married. It was cool. By cool, I mean about 35 degrees Fahrenheit. I was FROZEN!

I sat in the waiting room while they got sealed, and it was obnoxious how loud the waiting room was. People in Utah don't take the temple very seriously sometimes, I've concluded. I've never seen or heard so many people--even temple workers!--talking so loudly about so much random crap. Baseball, kids' grades, weekend plans... heard about 'em all. Ridiculous. It just makes me angry that people would be so irreverent in the temple. If they can't be respectful for God, could they at least be respectful of the people who want to be edified or feel the Spirit? Holee.

Anyway, it was such a powerful experience to go to the luncheon afterward. John and Lauren walked in the room, and they looked so good and gave off such good vibes I was a little shaken for a moment. And then it was shock: in 9 weeks, that'll be me and that Carl guy.

PS, kids, we moved up the date to December 31. Happy New Year! :^P

But yeah. It was crazy. I need to find a dress as hot as Lauren's was. Anyone like picking out dresses?

1 comment:

alishka babushka said...

i love picking out dresses.