Tuesday, June 17, 2008

missing choir :o(

I was trying to find this amazing rendition of Cantate Domino I sang once with my chamber choir. It was in 7/8 and half in English and just the most beautiful, bizarre, crazy hymn in the world. It starts out with just the men, and then there's just the women, and then they all join together in this really fast chanting, changing keys like there's no tomorrow, and there's this amazing swell in the middle that just has the sopranos and altos sliding all the way up the scale and then back down again, going from loud and high to soft and low and still all this chanting. The end starts quietly and then with every beat gets louder and louder until before you know it, the end is fortississimo and your ears are just drowning in sound.

But anyway, I found this rendition of a completely different Cantate Domino, and while it is SO not as exciting as my one, it's good.



Another high school favorite:

An All-State favorite:

And another:

And another, except I could only find it solo version instead of like 10 parts (this one is from Evening Primrose, my favorite musical that I've never seen, where this girl is stuck in a department store, doomed to be the slave to these living manikins and they won't let her out):

No comments: