Sunday, June 15, 2008

brother

Came home on Friday, played with Sam and Heather until 2 am, just like the olden days. Left early the next morning and spent the weekend in NYC. Saw a movie. Babysat. My cousins are cute.

Came home, was asked to feed my brother. There was so much blood running out of a burn adjacent to his stomach I couldn't do it. Couldn't even see the original wound. We bandaged it but there's nothing we can do about it.

I just wonder how that is happening. Is the acid burning through everything to the point where it's just that the membrane is so thin blood can just seep out through his skin? When will it be such that he can't hold a tube in at all and his guts just flow out? What could anyone even do about it?

The medical world has never seen this before.

I went to this link I found on wikipedia, and it was really depressing.