Tuesday, August 21, 2007

a new crusade

I was pondering today about the grotesque company known to some as TPM. Total Property Management, the worst management company potentially in the whole world.

I concluded that perhaps the time has come for me to launch a new crusade, of sorts.... look up all the houses of TPM renters, and make friends with them all, and then begin a mass campaign against them. I would have all the renters over and inform them of their rights as renters, and then we would all work together to turn TPM into the pleasant, effective company it ought to be. It would be simple: I would be the organizer, and just make sure that every day a number of residents were making clear complaints (complete with threats, of course). And I would have to make sure that we were fulfilling our threats. Gotta keep the company in fear, you know.

I think the thing that keeps people from going out and getting things done like this is mostly fear. Fear and ignorance. If people really understood that whole "small and simple things" principle, a lot more would get done. Seriously: by small and simple things, great things come to pass. My organizing a small number of renters could seriously change BYU's off-campus housing, for the better.

I just have to decide if it's really worth my time. If I had some dedicated partners, that would be better. Hmm...

No comments: