Saturday, November 17, 2007

and then i saw the light

I went to another interview for Washington Seminar yesterday. PS, I don't remember if I mentioned it here, but I was accepted, and I'm going back home to DC for an internship in the summer. But anyway. I and Dr. G were talking about what internships I'd like to do. I have my heart set on the Competitive Enterprise Institute, to be honest. But I needed 10 on this paper, so I had some stuff with the EPA, the Climate Institute, some other random ones. And he asked me, ideally, where I would be in five years.

And I thought about it for like 1.24 seconds and said, "Ideally, I'd be writing political books, probably about the environment."

He was shocked; this whole time he'd been trying to convince me to go work in soil labs or whatever and couldn't understand why I was focused so much on congressional environmental stuff. I think he thought it was just because those were the things on the WS database. But no, that's really what I want to do.

I feel very much more confident about my future knowing that. I never realized what I wanted to do until he asked.

No comments: